Monday, October 15, 2007

Friends

I made mention in my Isle of Skye post that I really enjoyed me time with the people I went with. I wanted to elaborate on that a little bit. I have incredible brothers at Kappa Sigma and enjoy my friends in WCM. I also get the privilege to work with some incredible high school students. However, it dawned on me that I spent very little time this summer with people my own age. Much of this was my own fault. However, I have been blessed while here at Aberdeen. It is so wonderful to have a couple of honestly good men of Christ to share life with. We all know we don’t have it all figured out and don’t plan on it by the time we leave, but I am truly grateful to get to spend time with them. They desire to start a weekly time for us together for a meal and time of sharing. I pray this comes to fruition. I think it will make me value those relationships I have at home even more. Well, I just wanted to let you all know that I am thoroughly enjoying the people I am spending time with here. I also have quite enjoyed hanging out with the guys on the basketball team. I don’t have my faith in common with them, but they are a great group. Oh, I also found out on Sunday I am officially on the First Squad. For those of you who know how great an athlete I am (J/K), that will give you an idea of the caliber of basketball in Aberdeen. Regardless, I am having a great time and couldn’t be happier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we just might need to see some pictures of you in action on the b-ball court in order to believe!!

I imagine the guys at Wabash would enjoy that too!

wrb