Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Weekend


How is everybody? Anyhow I had quite an eventful weekend. One of my pledge brothers from Wabash (Clay/The Sauce) came up from Lancaster England on Thursday and we spent the day together in Aberdeen. We then left early Friday morning for Edinburgh. It was a fun train ride with a bunch of happy drunks. Upon arriving we discovered an absolutely beautiful city whose crowning jewel was an enormous castle in the middle of the city. Edinburgh has a population of about 450,000. We spent two days there. Our sleep at the local hostel was quite nice. We even had a chance to climb a cliff and oversee all of Edinburgh. While there I purchased my first kilt. I can not wait to wear it in the states. I am share my just look ravishing.

Upon our return late Saturday night we got some sleep. We think we walked nearly twenty miles that day. It was exhausting. However, the next day proved to be just as eventful. I tried out for what I hoped to be intramural basketball and ended up making the Aberdeen University Basketball Team (B squad of course). Who would have guessed? I know not I. So I guess I have found my activity for the semester.

Monday morning is when I had to say good-bye to Sauce. However, before he went I gave him a hair cut. It was a jolly good time. I then proceeded to my first class and he went to the train station. Later post will detail classes here in Scotland and I will tell you about my church experiences. They have been quite interesting and inspiring. Below is the link to this weekend's pictures. As always, if there is anything specific you want me to write about just let me know and if any picture ever strikes you as amazing let me know which one. I will try to get back to you all soon.

1 comment:

Royce said...

Hey Bloss!

I really like Edinburgh when we went there on the Glee Club trip. We sang in the Cathedral there.

I kinda sucks being the only Wallie on this continent. I wish there was someone to come visit me!