Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving

My thanksgiving was fabulous, well at least my pre-thanksgiving. The Aberdeen Christian Union hosted a thanksgiving dinner for the Americans who attend weekly Bible Study. Then as an outreach, we were encouraged to invite our flat mates to come along. It was absolutely fantastic. There were probably about 10-20 Americans in attendance, yet a total of over 90 people. The food and fellowship was amazing. Then while dessert was being set out a couple of students shared their testimonies. It was an amazing time to just listen to God do his work. I do not know if anyone has come to Christ as a direct result of that night, but I do know many people heard the good news of Christ and learned what an American Thanksgiving is all about. I personally was invited to be one of about five people in the kitchen before the meal. I peeled lots of potatoes and then I made two sweet potatoes casseroles. I was told they were amazing and I enjoyed them myself. So, my pre-Thanksgiving was amazing. On Thanksgiving Day itself, I was invited to attend a dinner with the Scotland Program (the program I am with). I am told it was fabulous. However, I spaced it and to be honest forgot it was thanksgiving until later that evening. I spent the night playing basketball. I had a wonderful time. We did not win, but we played great and irritated a referee to no end. Well, that is my thanksgiving.

No comments: