Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Politics and Government

I was asked the question of what the perception of Americans was from the Scottish. The reality is that I encounter people from everywhere here at Aberdeen. I probably spend more time talking to other Europeans than I do Scottish People. However, I get the impression that our life style and country in general is either admired or at least respected by most. They do not completely understand our political process or political agendas, but neither do I understand theirs. There is a general consensus that Bush is not the brightest guy in the world. In fact, I am not sure I have run into anyone that particularly likes him. So, I guess the British and Europeans in general think a lot like Americans do. They love the country and would love to spend time in it. However, they are not that impressed with the current government and are looking to see what changes will happen in the next 12 months.

No comments: